Dear loyal, caring and generous readers and friends,
Today I come to you with great and wonderful news!
As you know, when I’m not here flapping and honking about people I know and places I go, I am very involved in connecting and supporting military families. My heart goes out to the moms and dads, husbands and wives and the children of our brave troops.
Every month, I attend support meetings of these families and present them with Blue Star Banners to hang in their windows.
The stars on these banners represent a member of the family who is absent from the home and presently serving our nation somewhere around the world. Often these men and women are serving in harm’s way, sacrificing family time for the sake of the United States, to keep us safe and free.
“Why, Mother Goose? Why do you do this?” you may ask.
I do this for several reasons:
1. I have twin sons in the U.S. Navy and I’m always hoping to find other moms who want to share experiences with me.
2. I have found many good friends by “looking for the banners” in the windows of homes I drive or walk past daily.
3. Families need these connections so that they can be informed of the services and resources available to them as military families and veterans.
4. It’s a grand old tradition that is still viable today.
5. It keeps me busy and helps me to not worry so much about my own sons — I’m thinking of others, instead of myself.
Anyway, the GOOD NEWS is that we are in the middle of a very important fundraiser so that we can continue this great work. With only two weeks left in our campaign, we are on track and getting closer everyday to our goal of $2,500.
But we need YOU, dear and beautiful reader! If you can just throw $10 at us today, GREAT! I’ll take it! If you can give more, GREAT! I love you!
But if anybody believes in this easy way to support the troops and their families, please jump in TODAY!
Here’s the link to the website where we are doing our campaign:
Mother Goose is most grateful for your support TODAY! Plus if you click on that link, you’ll actually get to see a video of Mother Goose explaining most sincerely why you really DO want to help our campaign…
THANK YOU from the bottom of my feathery old heart…